GIGANTIC BREWING COMPANY TAPROOM AND CHAMPAGNE LOUNGE
This is our original location at 5224 SE 26th Ave. This location is 21+ only with valid ID. If you are interested in the location on NE Glisan, go here, or visit our newest taphouse on SE 43rd and Hawthorne.
We have all the things necessary to make your drinking experience complete – taxidermy, a bladed weapon and a firearm!
The original taproom is currently open 2pm-9pm M-F and 12-9pm on Saturday and Sunday.
We are, of course, still open open daily for to-go bottles, cases and 1/6th barrel kegs.
Location: 5224 SE 26th Ave. Portland, OR 97202. Google Map it.
Email contact for all locations: infoATgiganticbrewing.com
What’s available right now?: Follow us on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/giganticbrewing for weekly updates, or call the taproom to see if your favorite is still on draft.
Well behaved dogs on leashes are allowed at the front patio tables only, not inside the building or on the south patio.
All tables are first come, first served.
How can I be an excellent patio patron?
We are so happy you asked! In short, excellent patrons are polite, considerate of others and do nothing that will cause the OLCC to regret having given Gigantic a liquor license. Specifically:
- Good patrons return empty glassware to bar or to a bus tub station, and they NEVER steal glassware.
- They do not remove beer from the patio area (immediate zone around the picnic tables, inside the bike racks and planter boxes) lest they jeopardize Gigantic’s liquor license and its very existence. They especially do not carry beer over to the food carts or remove beer from premises under any circumstances.
- They are understanding when the bartender asks to see every person (and their IDs if they are under 26 or look like they are) who is ordering a beer to be sure they are not under 21 or visibly intoxicated.
- Good patrons also put cigarette butts in the butt receptacle near the planter boxes, not IN the planter boxes or on the ground. They especially do not smoke or vape marijuana on the premises, which is completely illegal and very much frowned upon by the powers that be and will get you permanently banned from Gigantic.
- They do not consume growlers or other alcoholic beverages not served to them by the bartender, which includes opening bottles purchased in the tap room "to go" that were not opened and served to you by the bartender.
Do you allow children/minors? In accordance with state law and our liquor license, you must be 21 or older with a valid U.S. state-issued ID or passport to be anywhere on the Gigantic Brewing premises at any time, including the patio. Unfortunately, this law includes babies of any age. Our other two taprooms located at NE 70th and Glisan and SE 43rd and Hawthorne both allow minors.
Why aren’t you open later? Our tap room is a place for grown ups to enjoy a civilized beer with friends. Closing on the early side allows us to preserve this atmosphere.
Do you have a patio? Yes. We even have umbrellas and a large year-round umbrella to keep off the rain. We also have a large-ish indoor "beer garden" area called the Barrel Room that is dry and cozy when it is raining outside. Please see question #1 above for patio etiquette.
Do you allow dogs? We allow well-behaved, quiet dogs on the front patio. Dogs MUST be on a leash. They are NOT allowed in the tap room or barrel room, or the patio space to the south of the barrel room, no matter how cute or tiny they may be.
Do you serve food? No, the original Gigantic brewery location does not have a kitchen and we do not serve food. You are welcome to bring a picnic, order a pizza or bring food over from the carts in the vicinity. Please note both food carts are currently closed on Sundays. BYO napkins and utensils, because we don’t have any.
Aren’t you legally required to serve food? No, our OLCC license does not require us to serve food.
Then what do you serve? We serve all of our current beers (usually 10-12 choices) on tap including a guest draft cider. We also have a split of Prosecco and sparkling rosé and a red wine available for non-beer drinkers. We sell several flavors of soda, kombucha and other drinks as well, and water is always free.
Do you do beer to go? We sell 500ml bottles of our beer and small 1/6th barrel kegs at the tap room. We are not currently filling growlers.
When will you bring back my favorite seasonal beer? Sometimes we only make a seasonal beer once, but sometimes they come back around so keep your eyes open.
Do you allow smoking? In accordance with state law, there is no smoking or vaping of ANY substances allowed in Gigantic Brewing or on our patio. There is a small area next to the patio where you may smoke non-marijuana containing products, but you are not allowed to remove alcohol from the patio. Smoking or vaping marijuana on the premises will earn you a lifetime ban from Gigantic.
Do you show Timbers and Thorns Matches? We are PDX soccer fans and we show all Portland Timbers and Portland Thorns matches. (Thorns streaming options can be iffy- we try). We can probably be talked into turning on the taproom TV for say, World Cup, Olympic Soccer, Queens Park Rangers, Accrington Stanley and various international matches.
Do you show other sports? We will also show Blazers games and other sports on the big screen in the barrel room (not in the tap room) unless they conflict with Timbers or Thorns games. If the game isn't on when you come in, ask the bartender and they will turn it on for you- we don't automatically turn the Blazers on, especially early in the season. Exception to this rule: If any Oregon team is in a national championship game we may turn on both of the TVs if enough people are interested.